WhatsApp now lets you delete messages across the sender and recipients’ chat and has proven to be a useful feature. WhatsApp Delete feature allows users to either delete the message for only the sender or for everyone. This feature has proven to be a useful tool for times when you’ve sent a message or image by mistake to the wrong person. However, there is still a way to read deleted WhatsApp messages on the Android operating system.
WhatsApp messages are stored in the notification register of the Android system and can be easily accessed via third-party apps or even through custom launchers. Basically, these apps access the notification log in the Android system that logs all notifications that come across to a user’s smartphone. There are two ways to read deleted WhatsApp messages on Android.
How to read deleted WhatsApp messages
- By installing a third-party app called ‘Notification History Log’ users can access deleted WhatsApp messages.
- The Notification History Log app can be found in the Google Play Store and can be downloaded for free.
- Once installed, users need to tap on Notification History button and look for WhatsApp notifications.
- The deleted WhatsApp messages can be read under ‘android.text’.
- The second method of reading deleted WhatsApp messages is by installing custom third-party launchers such as Nova.
- Once installed, on the home screen, users need to long press to bring up the Widgets button.
- Under Widgets, users need to click on ‘Activities’. Navigate to Settings and tap on ‘Notification Log’.
- This will create a shortcut of Notification Log on the home screen. Users can then access deleted WhatsApp messages in the log.