New Delhi: The Kairana Lok Sabha bypoll results is one of the most crucial seats for the national parties in 2018. The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and opposition parties – Samajwadi Party (SP) and Rashtriya Lok Dal – have campaigned their best possible for the bypolls. This can be a chance for the BJP to open its account in Uttar Pradesh this year for a Lok Sabha seat or will the Opposition manage to halt the BJP from winning?
Along with Kairana, votes for Noorpur constituency will also be counted for assembly constituency seat in the largest state and the biggest voter base. In all, there are four parliamentary seats and nine assembly seats across UP are in the fray.
Five key points about Kairana
– The Lok Sabha seat for Kairana fell vacant after the death of BJP MP Hukum Singh. Now, his daughter Mriganka Singh is the BJP candidate for the same seat. She is fighting against the Samajwadi Party (SP) and Rashtriya Lok Dal.
– The Lok Dal candidate Kanwar Hasan had taken retirement from the competition just before the bypolls. He had joined the RLD, which boosted their chances of winning.
– Kairana Lok Sabha bypoll came after the Gorakhpur and Phulpur Lok Sabha bypoll elections, which were not rather fruitful for the BJP. IN March election, the BJP lost the two seats, which were vacant as Yogi Adityanath and Keshav Prasad Maurya resigned.
– The Opposition is banking on the anti-BJP sentiment and will look forward to getting those votes and repeat the success story of Gorakhpur and Phulpur, where the BJP lost in March. For Kairana, the BJP was at its best during the campaign.
– Kairana Lok Sabha bypoll is the fourth Lok Sabha bypoll in Uttar Pradesh since 2014. Kairana will be a chance for BJP to send a strong voter message to the Opposition parties in the state after the humiliating defeat in Gorakhpur and Phulpur.