New Delhi: On the last day of campaigning before Karnataka goes to polls on May 12, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed BJP workers via the NaMo app. Addressing the SC/ST/OBC and Slum Morcha Karyakartas of Karnataka unit of the BJP, he said that there was a “new era” in BJP as the workers were the “backbone” of the party. As the date for the polls in Karnataka draws closer, PM Modi launched a scathing attack on Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday, calling his declaration to be the next Prime Minister of the country in 2019 as ärrogant”.
Meanwhile, in the run-up to May 12, when voting takes place on Karnataka, the Bharatiya Janata Party has plans to intensify its campaign bid on the last day of campaigning, with 23 party leaders, including Union Ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Ananth Kumar, Piyush Goyal & Dharmendra Pradhan, to hold mega road shows in different parts of Karnataka today, news agency ANI reported.
– Stand up and Mudra Yojanas are helping to make SC/ST/OBC and women financially empowered, the Prime Minister said while enumerating the achievements of the Centre.
– We need to work tirelessly for the welfare of deprived and women, the Prime Minister said.
– I appeal you to visit homes of SC/ST, OBC and minorities and assure them that BJP will work for their welfare : PM Modi tells SC/ST/OBC and Slum Morcha Karyakartas of Karnataka BJP.
– Launching a fresh attack on the Congress, the Prime Minister said, “Congress never respected Baba Saheb Ambedkar. Until the Congress party was in power, Baba Saheb was not given Bharat Ratna.” He added that the Rahul Gandhi-led party was “ignoring the Dalit community”.
– BJP has the highest number of MPs belonging to SC & ST communities. More and more people of these communities are connecting with BJP, the Prime Minister said in his address.
– BJP believes in ‘sabka vikas’, says PM Modi while reaching out to the SC/ST workers of the party.
– The Prime Minister added that the BJP does not discriminate against anyone and that it was working towards the vision of Dalit icon BR Ambedkar for India.
– I appreciate your work you do for the party. Morchas play a vital role in bringing new generation in our fold, PM Modi tells BJP workers.