Jaipur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is visiting Jaipur on Saturday to lay the foundation of more than a dozen infrastructure projects collectively worth more than Rs 2,100 crore. The PM’s visit comes ahead of the crucial Rajasthan assembly elections later this year. The Vasundhara Raje government is facing what could be a tough electoral contest with the Congress in the northwestern state.
1. PM Modi is expected to meet beneficiaries of central government and state government’s flagship schemes such as the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana.
2. Modi will also address a public gathering in state capital Jaipur. According to news agency IANS, some 2 lakh beneficiaries from across the state’s 33 districts have been invited to take part in the programme. Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje will also be present on the occasion.
3. The prime minister will lay the foundation for key projects such as Udaipur’s Integrated Infrastructure package; Ajmer’s Elevated Road Project; and Upgradation of STPs in various towns and cities, NDTV reported.
4. The Raje government is spending over Rs 7 crore to bring beneficiaries of the various schemes to the PM’s Saturday rally, reports said. The funds for their travel will come mainly from the schemes’ funds.
5. At Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh Stadium two helipads have been built so that PM Modi can land in the city. Meanwhile, security has been stepped up, with CCTV cameras covering sensitive locations. Makeshift control rooms to spot suspicious activity have also been set up, NDTV reported.