The Transfer Deadline Day in the English Premier League saw Everton and Fulham enjoy plenty of action in the market, with the swoops of Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes from Barcelona being the most hyped ones. For biggies like Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, however, August 9 ended in disappointment as while the Red Devils failed to get a much-desired defender that they have been aspiring for, Spurs didn’t manage to make a signing in the summer window.
The transfer activity on the deadline day saw some of the top clubs in England refusing to splash cash but some incredible action was witnessed by certain mid and bottom-table clubs as well as the newcomers.
London based club Fulham, who had already stunned the world with the signing of World Cup-winner Andre Schurrle, Jean Michael Seri and a few other renowned names, were one of the busiest clubs on Thursday as they recruited as many as 5 more players.
Newly promoted side Wolves, who had roped in European Championship winners Rui Patricio and Joao Moutinho, were also busy in roping in more talent for the new season. While Adama Traore was bought a day before the deadline day for GBP 18 million, Leander Dendoncker was bought on loan from Anderlecht on Thursday.
Here’s a list of all the Deadline Day transfers that were done in the English Premier League on August 9:
- Danny Ings (Liverpool – Southampton) Loan
- Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Marseille – Fulham) £22.3m
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Manchester United – Fulham) Loan
- Andre Gomes (Barcelona – Everton) Loan
- Yerry Mina (Barcelona – Everton) £27.19m
- Domingos Quina (West Ham – Watford) Undisclosed
- Luciano Vietto (Atletico Madrid – Fulham) Loan
- Martin Montoya (Valencia – Brighton) Undisclosed
- Federico Fernandez (Swansea – Newcastle) reported £6m
- Harry Arter (Bournemouth – Cardiff) Loan
- Caglar Soyuncu (Freiburg – Leicester) reported £19m
- Jordan Ayew (Swansea – Crystal Palace) Loan
- Joe Bryan (Bristol City – Fulham) £6m
- Sergio Rico (Sevilla – Fulham) Loan
- Peter Gwargis (Jonkopings Sodra IF – Brighton) Undisclosed
- Isaac Mbenza (Montpellier – Huddersfield) Loan
- Carlos Sanchez (Fiorentina – West Ham) Undisclosed
- Dan Burn (Wigan – Brighton) Undisclosed (The player will return to Wigan on loan until January 2019)
- Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk – Everton) Free
- Leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht – Wolves) Loan
- Victor Camarasa (Real Betis – Cardiff) Loan
- Filip Benkovic (Dinamo Zagreb – Leicester) Undisclosed
- Lucas Perez (Arsenal – West Ham) Undisclosed
- Mateo Kovacic (Real Madrid – Chelsea) Loan
- Daniel Arzani (Melbourne City – Manchester City) Undisclosed
Manchester United, meanwhile, were eager to rope in a center back but the club miserably failed in their attempts to do so. Toby Alderweireld, Diego Godin, Jerome Boateng, Harry Maguire, Yerry Mina and Kurt Zouma were some of the rumoured players that Jose Mourinho had targeted.