New Delhi: Reliance Industries (RIL), India’s largest private sector company will hold its 41st Annual General Meeting (AGM) today. RIL’s AGM is not only a big event for its shareholders, it is also one of the biggest events for most of the market participants including its latest telecom rivals as its Chairman Mukesh Ambani is likely to make some major announcement related to its digital venture Jio or its retail venture Reliance Retail. In the previous AGM, Reliance Industries had announced the launch of JioPhone, Reliance Jio’s feature phone, which was made available for a refundable deposit of Rs. 1,500. This year also the company may make some major announcements related to Jio which can shake the telecom industry again. RIL shares have rallied nearly 40 per cent in last one year ahead of the AGM. Here are five things to expect from RIL’s 41st AGM.
1) If reports are to be believed RIL could announce the commercial launch and pricing details for its broadband venture, JioFibre. Reportedly, the JioFiber broadband service is expected to offer a browsing speed of 100mbps.
2) Investors will also be closing watching Jio’s customer addition and its capital expenditure outlook. Analysts expect debt-equity ratio of the company to fall going ahead as capital expenditure requirements of JIo are likely to come down.
3) Mukesh Ambani may reveal plans for Jio’s initial public offer as the telecom venture has already reported profit on a net basis and is now India’s second largest telecom venture on the basis of net revenues.
4) Analysts also expect big announcements related to RIL’s retail business which has grown considerably in past few years. In the previous fiscal, Reliance Jio and Reliance Retail contributed nearly 13 per cent to RIL’s overall EBITDA or operating profit compared to just 2 per cent in FY2016-17. Some media reports also suggest that RIL may announce demerger of its retail business, which is likely to unlock further value for shareholders.
5) Other than these, investors and analysts community will be looking for the management’s commentary on its core business outlook- refining and petchem business.